25 January 2007

100 questions

I ripped the following quiz meme thingie off someone else's blog, and that's exactly what he said too.

:)

1. One of your scars - how did you get it?

There's one on my right hand from the time when I was about two and trying to peel an orange with a knife.

2. What is on the walls of your room?

Blu-tacked to the wall behind my computer screen, a page from an Ansel Adams book:

Photo by Deirdre but shows a photo by Ansel Adams, and you can hardly see it anyway
Grand Sentinel and Talus, Kings Canyon National Park c.1925

3. What does your mobile phone look like?

It's silver and looks like a phone. I don't know anything about mobile phone fashion, but there's a good chance this one is not a trendsetter.

4. What music do you listen to?

I'm intermittently listening to a CD - Crowded House, Recurring Dream (their greatest hits). When I can't concentrate, I have to turn it off.

5. Do you know what time you were born?

9:45am, 07 October 1963, Lismore (28s48 153e17), Australia - all the information you need to investigate my murky astrological depths (I assume that's the reason behind the question). Free horoscopes are available from Astrodienst (click on Free Horoscopes, then Personal Portrait) and no, I don't believe in mine, because it's too awful: "When crossed, you can be traitorous and may even turn informer"?? Uh-oh. Just don't cross me, that's all.

6. What do you want more than anything right now?

Nothing. I seem to have stopped wanting anything at all. Probably need more vitamins.

7. Who do you miss?

Someone I haven't met yet.

10. (What happened to questions 8 & 9, hey?) What's your middle name?

Ann.

11. The best TV show ever created?

Can't decide, and can't think of many candidates anyway. Let's just go with Northern Exposure because I watched an episode of it today, and it still holds up after all these years.

12. The last person you talked to?

Not really "persons" but I talked to the dogs, Big-Pup and Little-Pup, earlier tonight.

13. Do you get scared in the dark?

Sometimes, but I'm not scared of the dark, I'm scared of the possibility there are nasty people lurking out there somewhere.

14. The last person to make you cry?

Me. I misunderstood what someone meant.

15. What is your favourite cologne/perfume?

My current favourite perfume (actually eau de toilette but it lasts for ages) is White Musk from The Body Shop. I like the citrusy, mossy, woody, vanilla-y territory in the scent spectrum.

16. What kind of hair/eye colour do you like on the opposite sex?

It makes me sad to read answers to questions like this when the person nominates something that rules me out as being interesting to them. I know there's a good chance nobody else in the universe is quite this stupid, but just in case...

17. Would you rather be smart or funny?

Smart.

18. Coffee or energy drinks?

Coffee, but I don't know what energy drinks are anyway.

19. What is your favourite pizza topping?

The one that was on a pizza I ate in Rome. I think it featured zucchini and potato. It was fantastic.

20. If you could eat anything right now, what would it be?

That pizza.

21. Who is the last person you made mad?

I don't know. I suspect people don't tell me these things, they just simmer and hate me from a distance. Boo. How am I supposed to learn, eh? How?

22. Do you speak another language?

Yes. Blathering Idiot.

23. What was the first gift someone ever gave you?

Life, I guess.

24. Do you like someone?

I tend to get a little crush on anybody who even says hello these days. But not seriously, no.

25. Are you double jointed?

My little fingers are pretty bendy but I don't know if that qualifies as double jointed:

Photo by Deirdre: my left hand twisted around to prove by illustration that my little finger is really rather bendy - it almost folds up like a concertina
26. Favourite clothing brand?

No idea. I currently live in King Gee work clothes, but not as a fashion statement.

27. What's your dream car?

I don't dream about cars, but I like the look of some old European ones. I think they're Renaults. Not sure.

28. What colour is it?

Probably white.

29. What's your favourite kind of exercise?

I don't like exercise except as a by-product of doing something else. I like walking, for example, but if I go to "get some exercise" I'm more likely to hate it.

30. Would you fall in love knowing that the person is leaving?

Yes. We're all leaving eventually.

31. What is the best way to tell someone how much they mean to you?

Just say it, I suppose.

32. Say a number from one to a hundred:

53

33. Blondes or brunettes?

For what?

34. What is the one number you call often?

My dial-up ISP number.

35. What annoys you most?

Me.

36. Your weaknesses?

Is this asking for a strongest weakness? Fear, probably.

37. Tater tots or fries?

Don't know what tater tots are, and I hate saying "fries". They're chips. Chips.

38. First job?

Babysitting for the neighbours.

39. Ever prank called someone?

No. I hate that. Someone did it to me once when I was in high school and I still feel so humiliated I could probably sit down right now and cry about it.

40. What were you doing before you filled out this?

Getting the dogs walked and fed. Plus I took a break in the middle of these questions to watch TV. Now it's getting really late but I feel like I have to finish doing the damn thing or I know I won't post it tomorrow and then I'll have wasted all this time for nothing. It's not like it was a highly productive use of several hours anyway, but but but...

41. If you could get plastic surgery, what would it be?

I'd wipe off the lines around my mouth. I really can't stand looking at myself now. Instead of getting used to them, they're becoming more and more of a problem.

42. Why did you fill out this survey?

I like answering questions like this, and I like reading them when other people do.

43. What do you get complimented about most?

Nobody compliments me about anything. (You could call that fishing for compliments, but you wouldn't, I know.)

44. What would you do if alcohol became illegal?

One possibility is that I would stop drinking it. Another is that I wouldn't. It would depend on whether I agreed with the law, whether I was likely to get caught for breaking it, and how much I wanted to drink something alcoholic.

45. What do you want for your birthday?

Nothing.

46. How many kids do you want?

I can't say it's too late for me to have any at all, but realistically, that's probably the case. So far I've done my best to avoid facing the reality of this.

47. Were you named after anyone?

Not named after someone as such, but Mum liked the name of someone she'd known in her hometown.

48. Do you wish on stars?

Yes. Every time I see one falling.

49. Which finger is your favourite?

People have favourite fingers??

50. When did you last cry?

Yesterday, but now I can't remember why.

51. Do you like your handwriting?

Definitely not. I hate it. It's so messy now, I can hardly read it.

52. What is your favourite lunch meat?

I used to love devon and tomato sauce sandwiches.

53. Any bad habits?

Yes.

54. What is your most embarrassing CD on the shelf?

I'm not embarrassed about any of them. John Williamson's Boomerang Cafe is probably the least cutting-edge, shall we say?

55. If you were another person, would you be friends with you?

I can't even get my head around the question.

56. Have you ever told a secret you swore not to tell?

Yes. I didn't actually swear not to tell, it was more an off-handed "okay" and I wasn't paying much attention, but the problem was that half an hour later I was still not paying much attention and was freely and loudly blabbing the very thing I'd only recently been asked not to tell. Bad form.

57. Do looks matter?

In what? It depends.

58. How do you release your anger?

I'm most likely to cry and get shaky.

59. Where is your second home?

In my head.

60. Do you trust others easily?

Yes and no. Depends.

61. What was your favourite toy as a child?

My doll, Louise. She was a Christmas present, and Mum made clothes for her. She's still in my wardrobe, but looking slightly mildewed now, poor thing.

62. How many numbers are in your mobile phone?

Numbers for 7 people, but 2 of them are overseas, 1 probably has a new number by now, and I include myself as one of the 7. Plus I never actually ring anyone :)

63. Do you use sarcasm?

Hell no.

64. Do you know anyone famous?

No.

65. Have you ever been in a mosh pit?

No.

66. What do you look for in a guy/girl?

If this is asking for the qualities I most admire (is it? I'm not sure) they include kindness, humour, intelligence, and an interesting and cool misfittedness.

67. What are your nicknames?

I don't really have any, and never have, and I don't know why.

68. How many pairs of shoes do you have?

One pair of work boots that I wear every day, including to town, and one pair of long rubber boots for wet weather wear. I used to have a pair of thongs (flip flops in the US?) but they recently broke, and that was tragic, yes. I also have a pair of bear slippers (like teddy bears for feet), but they're hiding deep in the heart of the wardrobe and won't see the light of day until winter. Obviously I have a very active social life.

69. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?

Well yes, because otherwise I couldn't get my feet out of them.

70. Were you upset about Steve Irwin dying?

No offence intended, but no.

71. What's your favourite ice cream flavour?

Mango.

72. Are you lazy?

Very lazy about things I don't want to do.

73. What are your favourite colours?

The cool ones: blues, greens, greys, white.

74. What is your favourite band?

Don't have one.

75. How many wisdom teeth do you have?

None, they all had to be removed because they were growing crookedly and messing up my head.

76. Do you want everyone to answer these questions?

Yes, that would be good.

77. What are you listening to right now?

Cicadas outside in the night, plus the buzzing hum of the fan over on a shelf near the door, and the really annoying noise this computer makes.

78. Last thing you ate?

A banana sandwich.

79. Last person you talked to on the phone?

Mum.

80. What's the first thing you notice on the opposite sex?

Notice on them? I don't know, whatever's most obvious about them. It would vary.

81. Favourite thought-provoking song?

I can't provoke my thoughts into thinking of one.

82. Favourite thing to hate?

Anything everybody else hates, because I just love the feeling of camaraderie that widespread hatred creates. Or maybe I hate stupid unthinking pack-like behaviour from fuckwits.

83. Favourite drink?

Tea, white with one sugar.

84. Favourite zodiac sign?

I don't care for any of them.

85. Favourite sport?

Anything I'm not required to play myself.

86. What is your hair colour?

Silver.

87. Eye colour?

Green-grey, depending on surroundings.

88. Do you wear glasses?

Not yet, but I'm looking forward to doing so.

89. Siblings?

Two younger sisters.

90. Favourite month(s)?

The cooler ones: May, June, July.

91. Do you like sushi?

Yes.

92. Last thing you watched?

Men in Trees tonight.

93. Favourite day of the year?

The "free to do anything I want all day today" day.

94. Are you too shy to ask someone out?

I would have a hard time doing that, yes.

95. Summer or winter?

Winter.

96. Kisses or hugs?

Depends who else is involved.

97. Relationships or one-night stands?

Like that's a question I have to consider.

98. Who is the most likely to answer these questions?

Presumably someone who likes answering questions.

99. Who is least likely to answer these questions?

Everybody else.

100. Create your own question.

Better not, because I'd still be here in the morning trying to think of one.